As an appetizer let’s try to run and visualize one of the pre-defined tutorial models in 3-D right away by performing the following steps:
1. If you chose ’N’ in the previous step, start iMOD as described in Section 2.5.
5. In the main menu click ’Toolbox’, and click ’Start Model Simulation ...’, the following window appears, displaying the presence of the runfile ’ISLAND.RUN’:
7. Click the button ’Start Model Simulation’ and click ’Yes’ in the confirmation pop-up window to start the MODFLOW run; a Windows Command Processor box appears echoing the MODFLOW in- and output process:
followed by an information window:
8. Click ’Ok’ in this information window, and ’Close’ in the ’Start Simulation Model’-window.
10. In the ’Topic’-list, choose ’HEAD’.
11. In the ’Layer’-window, click at least one layer, e.g. layer 1.
12. Select ’Zoom to full extent’.
13. Click the ’Open’-button to visualize the calculated heads of layer 1 of tutorial 4; click the ’Close’ button.
18. Optionally, in the 3D Tool change the Horizontal / Vertical ratio by selecting in the 3D Tool menu bar the option ’View’ and select ’Horizontal / Vertical Ratio’ followed by the choosing your preferred ratio.
19. Congratulations, you just visualized your first iMOD-model! You are now set to continue exploring iMOD; after completing this chapter new iMOD-users are encouraged to proceed with the tutorials (Chapter 11).