To get the latest release of the Deltares-software executables of iMOD, please submit the form ’Request form for the Deltares-software executables of iMOD’, see
By submitting this form you are requesting for the use of the Deltares-software executables of iMOD. iMOD is Deltares-software; the source code of iMOD is also available as free open source software at oss.deltares.nl. You may use the Deltares-software executables of iMOD without any remuneration to be paid to Deltares if you accept the iMOD Software License Agreement (iMOD License) which is offered to you as a PDF-file, see
http://oss.deltares.nl/web/iMOD/iMOD_Software_License_Agreement. Please go to the PDF-file of the iMOD License, read it and decide whether you want or do not want to accept the iMOD License. Without your acceptance of the iMOD License the use of the Deltares-executables of the iMOD-software is prohibited and illegal.
The iMOD software is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY GUARANTEE OR (IMPLIED) WARRANTY. Any use of the Deltares-executables of the iMOD-software is for your own risk. See the iMOD License for more details.
For more info, please contact: Stichting Deltares, P.O. Box 177, 2600 MH Delft, The Netherlands. Email: email@example.com.
After your submitted request (section 2.1) was processed successfully you received an email with details on how to download the Deltares-executables of iMOD; this email contains the required download-password.
Please perform the following steps:
1. Browse to https://download.deltares.nl.
2. Click the iMOD-icon.
3. Download the file ‘iMOD 5.1 Installation Instructions.pdf‘: enter the download-password sent to you in the above mentioned email and click the ’Download’-button.
4. Download the file ‘iMOD 5.1.zip‘: enter the download-password sent to you in the above mentioned email and click the ’Download’-button.
5. Unzip the file ‘iMOD 5.1.zip‘.
After the steps listed above you will have the following 2 files:
1. iMOD_setup_V5_1.exe: an installation program that:
• determines whether you are installing iMOD on a 32-bit or on a 64-bit system (by processing the output of the DOS-command ’systeminfo’)
• determines your default PDF-viewer, if available.
• calls the self-extracting archive iMOD_zipped_V5_1.000,
• creates an initial IMOD_INIT.PRF preference file,
• installs the Tutorial Data Set.
2. iMOD_zipped_V5_1.000: a self-extracting archive containing the following files and directory:
(32-bit version not included. Available on request)
• iMOD_V5_1_X64R.exe: the iMOD-GUI for 64-bit systems.
iMODFLOW including MetaSWAP for 64-bit systems. The MetaSWAP-module is developed by Wageningen Environmental Research (Alterra); for references to the separate MetaSWAP-documentation see section A.2.8.
• iMOD-WQ_V5_1_SVN342_X64R.exe: a computer program to perform calculations for density dependent flow and reactive transport. iMOD-Water Quality is a combination of three codes: Seawat v4, MT3DMS v5.3 and RT3D v2.5 and has been expanded and extensively modified by Stichting Deltares.
• MODFLOW6_v18.0.3.exe: compiled version of standard MODFLOW 6 from the USGS website.
• netcdf.dll: a NetCDF-library.
• fmpich2.dll, mpich2mpi.dll and mpich2nemesis.dll: MPICH 1.4.1p1 libraries necessary for PKS.
• run_test_mpi_installation.bat, test_mpi_installation.exe: a test to check a MPI-installation.
• USGS Software User Rights Notice.txt: a copy of the USGS Software User Rights Notice.
• iMOD_User_Manual_V5_1.pdf: the iMOD User Manual, in PDF-format.
• iMOD_Software_License_Agreement_V5_0.pdf: the PDF-file of the iMOD License.
• the files and folders of the iMOD Tutorial Data Set.